Our Mission Statement
We build enduring faith in Jesus Christ by making the Book of Mormon accessible, comprehensible, and defensible to the entire world.
Who We Are
Book of Mormon Central is a team of ardent students of the Nephite scripture working together to share the wonders of this inspired masterpiece with the world. The team consists of archivists, researchers, writers, editors, reviewers, illustrators, narrators, audio engineers, video engineers, web designers, web and mobile developers, graphic artists, and social media publishers in addition to support personnel. Book of Mormon Central is headquartered in Utah County, Utah. Its mission is to increase understanding and faithful engagement with the Book of Mormon. The organization accomplishes its mission in several ways:
- ScripturePlus. The ScripturePlus app is a fully-interactive scripture study app designed to help learners engage in the word of God more fully. Included are multiple versions of the Book of Mormon text, commentaries, quotations from General Authorities and reliable scholars, charts, images, videos, and Book of Mormon Central’s signature KnoWhys.
- KnoWhys. KnoWhys are concise, media-enriched articles that explain difficult topics, interesting insights, and doctrinal gems in the Book of Mormon. Each KnoWhy consists of a short web article, corresponding illustrations, a podcast, a printable PDF, and a video explaining the topic of the article. These KnoWhys are intended to enrichen personal scripture study, and to provide effective teaching tools in the classroom.
- Archive. The Book of Mormon Central Archive is a comprehensive digital repository of textual, visual, and audio resources relevant to the Book of Mormon. It contains resources for scholars and students of the Book of Mormon to do rigorous study and research of this sacred text using materials from FARMS, the Religious Studies Center, the Maxwell Institute, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and more.
- Additional Projects. Book of Mormon Central continues to support other projects that contribute to understanding and spreading the truth of the Book of Mormon. These projects include Evidence Central, Pearl of Great Price Central, supplementary material for the Come, Follow Me curriculum, original commentaries, an annual Art Contest.
- Marketing. This organization expands its reach and influence through digital marketing campaigns and through social media initiatives. Book of Mormon Central has a growing following on Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, Soundcloud, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
The legal organization behind Book of Mormon Central is the Book of Mormon Archaeological Forum, Inc., a 501 (c) 3 non-profit public charity chartered in the state of Utah in 2004. Book of Mormon Central is not an official part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but rather an independent organization. BMC welcomes donations in support of this work. Book of Mormon Central is only possible through the diligent service of many volunteers. Book of Mormon Central began operating in May, 2015.